Mayne is a very pretty island in the British Columbia Island cluster. There are about 1100 people living on the island and the only way to get to the island is by ferry or plane (you can drive to the coast, drive into a ferry and park, and then have your car on the island too for an extra fee).
We originally came out here because A) it's not too far from home. A 2 day drive and that's taking it slow. If we wanted to, it would have been a 13 hour drive from Lethbridge to Tsawassen where you pick up the ferry. And B) Jer has been here before because a friend of his lives on the island.
And since we didn't fly, we packed whatever we wanted into our car. I brought a suitcase full of clothes of course, a big rubber bucket called my 'bored bucket' in case I got bored (it has a whole bunch of yarn in it, a few books, some young living business stuff and a print out of a blanket I am going to make out of granny squares), my dew drop diffuser, all of my oils and my purse of course.
Read on below to see what oils I've been diffusing to ring in the New Year, as well as a video showing you how beautiful this island is from a dock less than a 30 second walk from the airbnb place we're staying at.
- I wake up and put on progressence phyto plus on the insides of my elbows.
- Wash up, get dressed quietly so I don't wake up my boyfriend.
- Put on Gary Young's wellness protocol: Valor on wrist wrists together and breathe in, joy over the heart, harmony on the solar plex and white angelica on the palm of you hand, rub hands together and brush over hair, face, shoulders and body.
- Put an oil on the cotton pad inside my diffuser necklace (favourites this trip have been peace and calming, joy, release or valor).
- Diffuse RC, thieves or Sacred moutain in the living room beside the roaring fire for relaxtion.
BONUS: for new years even I diffused envision to help me set my goals for 2015.